There are several ways you can help the environment and it can be as simple as adopting new small habits in the home that conserve energy. Not only will you be helping save the planet, but you will also cut the cost of your energy bills. Here are a few ways you can save energy at home.
- Switch to a renewable energy provider such as Bulb, or Octopus energy. By supporting energy providers that only use sustainable and 100% renewable energy as opposed to fossil fuels, you will make a difference to the impact of climate change.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room. This is a small energy-conserving habit that is incredibly easy to do. After a few days of doing it, you will turn off the lights without even thinking about it and start to tell off the other people living in your home who forget!
- Switch to double glazing to better insulate your home. This will prevent you from using the heating so much.
- Likewise, get blinds instead of curtains, as curtains absorb heat from the radiators preventing them from heating up the room, especially if they cover the radiators. To buy Blinds Tewkesbury, I recommend Laskeys curtains and blinds.
- Make sure to use energy proficient appliances such as LED light bulbs and solar-powered devices.
- Reduce water consumption by taking shorter showers and reducing the number of baths you have. Save rainwater to water your plants.
- Lastly, cook with a lid on to cook your food faster, consequently avoiding using the gas longer than necessary.