If you’re lucky or, if you’re not too keen on parties, unlucky enough to be invited to multiple Christmas parties you may be unsure what to wear or what presents to buy, and a time supposedly full of cheer, can quickly become full of unnecessary stress and anxiety. I will help solve some of your problems with a few tips on what to wear to a Christmas party.
- The first obvious go to clothing for a Christmas party is a Christmas jumper. Choose one that definitely looks Christmassy but is stylish too. There are so many to choose from.
- If you want to simply wear a sweater instead of a Christmas jumper, I highly recommend Aran Sweaters from Shamrock Gift. They are beautifully knitted, handmade and knitted with a traditional Irish pattern originally made for fishermen! Not only are the sweaters really stylish but they are super comfy too.
- The next tip is to ask what your friends will be wearing. Ask them if they will be wearing smart casual or formal and do the same. If everyone else at the moment dresses differently, at least two of you will stand out together!
- A popular accessory for Christmas parties is a Santa’s hat or a Christmassy head band like antlers. If the rest of your outfit is not that Christmassy, this will be just the thing you need to make your outfit more appropriate.
- Lastly, wear jewellery that is Christmas themed. You could even get your nails painted in a Christmassy design.
Whatever you choose to wear, remember that parties are for having fun, so enjoy!